If you wish to modify your add-on subscription(s):
- go to your account
- scroll down to 'shared subscriptions', click on 'Organic and local CSA bag - Small/Classic./Big.
- Scroll down on the CSA subscription page, click on 'cancel' for the add-on subscription you want to modify (for examples eggs) and then reorder the amount you wish.
If you wish to cancel your CSA subscription for an indefinite time and that you still have some delivery bags, you have 2 options:
- you can keep your bag(s) and reuse them as much as you can. In that case, we would charge $8 for the insulated bag and $4 for the cotton tote bag. We will then refund your membership fee minus that amount to your Credit Card.
- you wish to have a full membership fee refund: no problem, in that case, you will just need to bring us back your remaining delivery bag(s). Here are the 2 drop off locations for bags:
* on 224 East Mission street (the bag can be placed in the shade, on the left side of the house: walk on the
grass and place the bag on the right side of the pathway, before the gate of the backyard).
Produce boxes are waxed to avoid the cardboard to absorb moisture. Waxed boxes are not biodegradable and therefore, not compostable. They are often used only a few times due to food contamination (wax boxes are not easy to clean). So we decided to use reusable bags!
The sturdy insulated bags we chose are manufactured, using a fabric made with 80% post-consumer recycled material which cuts down on plastic material ending up in oceans, lakes, and landfills. The insulation keeps your produce fresher and we reuse the bags over and over again. As long as you stay a member, your deliveries will be made in your personal pair of insulated bags with your name tagged on them.
To keep our bag policy sustainable, don’t forget to return your empty bags to school before or on your following delivery day!
Food contamination regulations, water waste and time management are important issues here. This is why we opted for compostable paper bags.
This choice also avoids wasting water, which would be the case with cleaning reusable (cotton) bags. And it helps us to keep lower prices as well.
Please, compost or recycle your old paper bags.
Why do we use paper/carton egg boxes?
Plastic egg boxes in our eco-friendly CSA are not an option. Health policies make it difficult for farms to reuse paper egg boxes. However, the paper boxes are fortunately compostable. If you don't have a compost at home, you can recycle the cartons. But before discarding your cartons, why not making some upcycled project out of them?! Click here to find very creative ideas you can realize with your kids!
Why do we prefer grouped points of delivery?
Choosing for a grouped point of delivery means that we drive shorter distances and thereby lower our carbon footprint. We also save time by stopping less often and therefore, we are able to give back $2 /'classic' bag to the cause of a business point of delivery and $3/ 'classic' bag to the cause of a school point of delivery.
For more information about sustainability practices and tips, have a look on our blog!
Get to know more about our local partners on "Our local suppliers" page.